Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

Heated Bed Pt. 2

All of the supplies to build my heated bed platform are now in:
1ft x 1ft aluminum sheet, PID controller, K type Thermocouple, and the heating elements.

I have attached the thermocouple to the bed by drilling in to the side of the bed and tapping it to 1/4-20 for the thermocouple. I still need to drill holes in the corners of the bed, and in a suitable location on the printers main bed platform.

I don't see much of this being completed until the end of next week or early the following week some things have to be completed first. I may be able to work on it each morning for a few min before work each day though.

Once the heated bed is finished I will print a Mendel, I already have the motors, and electronics (I want to upgrade the electronics on this printer) and I may sell the Mendel as a preassembled kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment